www.EnglishVinglish.org has been conceptualized with an overall objective to provide free basic English grammar lessons in Hindi language. The website will be useful to a large percentage of Hindi speaking population of India that still does not have any understanding of the English language.
This website is inspired by the book ‘Learn English’ written by Late Shri Nehpal Singh Tanwar. All the Video Lessons, Exercises and Vocabulary sections are completely based on the book Learn English.
Late Shri Nehpal Singh Tanwar was an eminent educationist. ‘Learn English” is a unique and authentic book written by him, based on his rich english teaching experience of over 35 years. Late Sh. Tanwar had a very deep and first hand understanding of the challenges faced by the young Hindi medium students. His style of teaching and writing is extremely simple and lucid.
The first edition of ‘Learn English’ was published in the year 1964. After that, 35 more editions of ‘Learn English’ have been published till date. Lakhs of students from Hindi speaking states have benefitted by reading this book. The book has specially proved a boon to the students appearing in the various competitive examinations.
Late Shri Nehpal Singh Tanwar
- You understand Hindi, but you do not have adequate understanding of English language
- You do/did not have the luxury to attend a good English Medium School
- Your school is affiliated to a regional board of education and English is not the primary medium of education (e.g. Board of Secondary Education in Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Uttar Pradesh, Uttaranchal, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Gujarat, Punjab, Haryana, Odisha, Jharkhand, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir)
- You are appearing for state board examinations, appearing for competitive examinations (like SSC, Bank, LIC, Defence etc) or if you want to be successful in private jobs
- You want to develop basic English literacy at your pace without any cost
- You do not understand Hindi language
- You are studying or have studied at a good English Medium School, and have good command over English language
- English is your primary medium of education and your school is affiliated to CBSE, ICSE or IB boards
- Your mother tongue and primary medium of education is in a language, other than Hindi or English
You will be able to master basic English grammar fundamentals and you will be able to read, write and understand English language with self confidence, if you systematically and meticulously work with all the videos, exercises and vocabulary sections of this website . Since this website is completely free of cost, we encourage you to to go through the concepts, video lessons and exercises again and again till the time you are confident of the concepts.